The Arbworx Spring Photography Competition
Here at Arbworx we love the Spring time, for us it means working outside in warmer and drier weather, but aside from the practicalities we also love the beauty that Spring brings with it.
With that in mind we have decided to launch a photography competition, open to all UK residents aged over 16 years so that we can see just what Spring means to you. We would love to receive your photos and will display the best entries on our website.
We want your photos to depict what Spring means to you and show us just how beautiful Spring is here in Sussex. Your photo can include flowers, trees, birds or animals but not people please.
Please email your entries (one per person) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 1st June 2012.
We will judge the competition on Monday 4th June and post the details of the winning shot by Friday 8th June 2012.
And I hear you ask, what is the prize if I enter? Well I can put your mind at rest, it is definitely worth entering because the prize is a stunning, hardback copy of Gardens of the National Trust by Stephen Lacey, one of Britain’s best-known garden writers. Glorious colour photographs illustrate the entries, complementing the text to bring the gardens to life; enough to inspire even the least green-fingered photographer.
Please read the competition rules below before sending in your entry.
CLOSING DATE FRIDAY 1ST JUNE 2012
Arbworx Spring Photography competition rules
- This competition is open to UK residents only.
- You must be over 16 years of age to enter.
- You must provide Arbworx with your name, address, telephone number and e-mail details if you wish to enter this competition. Arbworx will only ever use your personal details for the purposes of administering this competition, and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without your permission.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person and entries will not be returned.
- Deadline for receiving entries is 12h00 GMT on Friday 1st June 2012. Results will be announced on the Arbworx websites by Friday 8th June 2012.
- The prize is one hardback copy of Gardens of the National Trust by Stephen Lacey.
- The site editor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You agree to take part in any competition publicity if asked to do so. The prize may only be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
- You must supply full details as required above, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize. No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- By submitting your photograph into the competition you agree to grant Arbworx free of charge the right to publish the photo on our website when announcing the winner(s).
- Your entry must be entirely your own original work, not defame anybody nor breach any copyright.
- If your photograph features any person or people, they should be aware they were being photographed and permission should be obtained from all involved (or their parents/guardians if under 16) for their photograph to be submitted in a competition. If it is clear that the people are not aware of their picture being taken or are embarrassed in any way in any entry we receive, we reserve the right to disqualify the entry.
- This competition is not open to Arbworx employees or contractors or any person involved in the running of the competition, or their immediate family members.
- Arbworx reserves the right to cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside its control.
- If a winning entrant is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, Arbworx reserves the right to either offer the prize to the next best entry, or to re-offer the prize in any future competition on bbc.co.uk.
- Arbworx reserves the right to disqualify any entry which breaches any of these rules or to withhold a prize if in its opinion entries do not reach the required standard.
- These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales.